Double Dhamaka -Series Review-


I am excited to write a review on this series, but none of you'll wouldn't know how I watched the series though. I hope you'll know what I'm talking about! It's The Family Man Season 1 and Season 2 which was released in 2019 and 2021 respectively containing 10 episodes each. 

To my surprise, I watched the season 2 firstly and then went on to watch season 1. Crazy, am I not? I know, I at times do hilarious things like this. But never the less, I was able to to follow season 2 without any interference and confusion, but after watching season 1, everything seems to be pretty clear..

Cast - 

Manoj Bhajpayi as Srikant
Priyamani as Suchitra Iyer
Sharib Hashmi as Jayavant Kashinath Talpade
Ashlesha Thakur as Driti
Vedant Sinha as Atharv
Shahab Ali as Sajib
Neeraj Madhav as Moosa Ali Rahman
Shreya Dhanvanthri as Zoya
Kishore Kumar as Imran Pasha
Sundeep Kishan as Major Vikram
Dharshan Kumar as Major Sameer
and many more

Episodes - 
1. The Family Man
2. Sleepers
3. The Anti-Nationals
4. Patriots
5. Pariah
6. Dance of Death
7. Paradise
8. Act of War
9. Fighting Dirty
10. The Bomb

Plot - Srikant, married and a father of two children, works as an undercover agent at TASC (Threat Analysis and Surveillance Cell) without his family knowing that he is working in a seriously dangerous occupation, is involved in preventing Bombay from having any attacks further, after a sudden bomb blast in Bombay,  Kaala Ghoda. The series evolves around the plot mentioned above. 

As you'll know, The Family Man is all about solving problems involving terrorism. Season 1 sort of solves the knots that are been placed by ISIS,  where a group of people belonging to the government and army is planning on an international conspiracy against India to force military action against Pakistan. To achieve this, three operatives were sent to India through the coast, where they get caught by the TASC agents and local police with injuries. These three ISIS members have got plans to destroy or make Indians struggle. Is the riddle been solved, will the problem be sorted? Will India face the danger of terrorism? What truth are going to be revealed by the three operatives? What's their mission is all that you'll have got to learn by watching the series 

There are certain things that terrified me in this series. 

1. The determination shown by members of the terrorist group. They have a genuine objective at hand, so to establish that, they would go to any extent, that's what is shown here. The way they communicate with each other, the organizing such as always having an alternate plan if the prior fails. Their idea itself scares to death. 

Example a group of gaming engineers who are anti-nationals (who does not stand
for the national anthem, doesn't respect the national laws put forth by the government, bashes the government in public social media) planning to attack an MP who haunted Islam people who consumes beef, as cattle is meant to be a god for Hindus and should not be preyed upon. The way of their attack wasn't physical, they wanted to feed Hindus with Beef. The boys thought that innocent Muslims were targeted for no reason, that too for the purpose of cattle. 

I agree, each and every religion has constant beliefs which can contradict. When you live in a country, amongst diverse languages, traditions, religions of course we will have to adapt ourselves to live a peace and happy life. Not abuse people for something like this, to bring forward your individual religion and traditional values. When watching even I thought the boys were planning on a real attack, never knew they were gonna take revenge by just feeding the guests with beef. To be noted, these boys were not terrorists, they were just revolutionists. But ultimately the boys would be killed, mistakenly without knowing their intentions. 

2. The fact that the lead hides his occupation from his family, states that he is working at a government office for a lower income, but to be honest, is an undercover agent. His family life being horrible, where he doesn't have a pleasant relationship with his wife, his wife having an affair with her colleague and college friend. His elder daughter, who is a freak adult, never obeys her parents, always with the phone, sending pictures of hers to others etc, and the son being an awful musician, and expects and accepts bribes to hide any mistakes done by his father (like his father having a secret gun, the father having a public fight). Sounds horrible, isn't it? Also to note, he is a chain smoker and an alcoholic, and now has developed cholesterol levels due to his food habits too. I mean how much could a man handle. Work pressure, pressure from peers, pressure from his family, even his brother is against the fact that he works under government and states being patriotic ain't gonna help him develop in life. Life should be crazy for Srikant yet, very surprised and excited to see him, look at the connections of events that occur and connect the dots. 


3. The fact that the terrorists were planning on using Nerve gas, which they try to
transport from Kashmir to Delhi, which I thought was crazy. I never knew in my
life that something called nerve gas existed ever. But I thought, why not? In this scientifically developed world, everything's possible. So I did some research on it to find out whether Nerve Gas was true or not! So nerve gases are produced or manufactured by chemical engineers, which has the capability to prevent the nerve impulses to be carried by the nervous system! This leads to excessive constriction of the pupil of the eye, that leads to convulsions, loss of consciousness, fluid secretions in the lungs, blood pressure increment, heart beat rate increment, nausea etc. This lead to immediate death. 

Uploading: 1441455 of 1441455 bytes uploaded.

Actually speaking, talking of terrorist and the people who are involved with terrorism, all of them would be highly skilled, technical and educated. In this movie, the guy who is involved in making the gas is a topper in Chemical Engineering. I studied the same subject at college as a choice subject, I know how equally interesting and complicated the subject is. You could do wonders with it, but it leads to disadvantageous circumstances as such too.. They won't be able to use the nerve gas to attack Delhi, due to a road accident while transporting and the police officers were able to retrieve all the nerve gas cylinders. But they have a plan B. I hope all terrorists will have this kind of thought of having alternate plans. The next plan also involves a gas release just similar to the Bhopal incident, which will not show any immediate effect, but it has a long time effect on people living in that area. So these two important members of the group threaten a guy who is a bisexual (by showing one of his sexual activity video) saying that the video would be leaked and they would inform his wife that he is a bisexual if he doesn't oblige to their orders. He does oblige and release excessive quantities of gases to be reacted and that will in turn be released to the air. This would be inhaled, the future generation would be born crippled, or mentally retarded, physically challenged etc. Hell, yeah! This is literally very hard to believe as already there are traces of effects in India due to the Bhopal incident that occurred in 1984, this didn't happen in real life, but these are all events that were reported in the news and Newspaper and media. So was able to relate and think how dangerous it would have been if it had happened in real.


4. These are all conclusions that I've happened to draw from all these series I've watched. But yeah, another thing that I was amazed, but despise of is the way Moosa tries to emotionally get connected to the Nurse (Zarin Shihab as Mary), even seduces her to make her work for him. He intimidates her, gets the ID card to kill his fellow mate who had come back to consciousness, who would be gotten back to custody and reveal all their plans. Moosa kills her while escaping from the hospital. He betrays a girl who had fallen for his emotional blackmail and all what she gets in return is death! OMG, I can't imagine someone doing this to a girl, or even anyone. On the other hand, after planting the huge trap for Indians, when he sees his mother in the police custody seeking help to find her son, he melts and wants to abort the mission. The love and care towards the mother is also portrayed, hence due to the fight with his buddy in an argument whether to abort or going ahead, he is been killed. That's the fate of everyone, isn't it? You do good deeds, you'll live a pleasant happy life and experience death peacefully. But bad deeds are always going to lead to death that's terrifying and painful. 

I loved everything about this series. It can be imaginary and based on storylines from the newspaper, but still it seemed real. All the actors had done justice to the parts that were given. All characters seemed real. I didn't find anything that's forced, it was realistic to a certain extent and believable! It is definitely a must watch. I would prefer if you'll haven't watched it at all, to watch it in order. If you'll watch season 2 first there are continuation parts which you'll are not going to comprehend. As I did the opposite of what I am suggesting, I know how it would be like. The major reason why i was driven towards season 2 first was Samantha Ruth Prabhu. I wanted to see her acting skills in this series and I was floored with her performance, Later only realised how much of sequel parts I was missing upon. So have it a go.. 

I am amazed by the way the series is directed, the cinematography was incredible and even the music score is appreciable. A huge salute for the person who thought about casting these actors or to be even more precise, performers for the characters that were written. A huge kuddos to the Directors Raj and DK. Well done. I am waiting anxiously for Season 3 if it is being planned. 

My rating for this series Season 1 is - 4.8/5.0



Comments

Popular Posts