The end of the Civil Defense Volunteer?

 I'm exhausted to the core and I don't think I've been emotionally captivated as I am now, before. This is with so much of regret that I am writing this. I have been addressing the same issue over and over again. No matter how many times the same thing happens, I have been writing on behalf of the women community. It is really hard to comprehend what happened to this girl, but I think it's my duty to inform and put forward the story and create awareness to people who don't even know that such things occur in the world, and making earth a dangerous place to survive. If this is happening now, I can imagine the future generation's life! 😭😭😭


The incident happened, 10 days ago. I do watch news, but none of the mainstream news channel had reported about it. I got to know the issue through one of my colleague, she had shared a post from Instagram regarding the incident. It pains me to tell the entire story, but I am going to try my level best to collect myself together and say it.

Has anyone heard of Sabiya Saifi, from India lately? Any news about her? I hope not, because even I got to know her name today and I couldn't stop myself from writing this. It is going to be horrific, cruel and very brutal, but yet I am not going to censor. This is extremely raw and straight truth. So I reccommend everyone to read this, as this should be known and no other women should go through what Sabiya went through.

Sabiya Saifi, a 21 year old girl, the only girl child in her family, lived in New Delhi, with her Father, Mother and Elder Brother. She had taken over as a Civil Defense Volunteer (an occupation where people volunteer as preventing traffic and making sure that people adhere to social distancing etc.), had left her house for work 10 days back. The same day, as she was getting late to get back home, she had called her family's phones to inform that she would be late, but none of them had answered. As time went by, the family members started panicking as their daughter weren't back home. They called her back after looking at the missed call, but no answer. They searched everywhere, and in the work place too, but couldn't get any trace of her. Panic taking over yet again, they had filed a complaint to the police station about the missing girl. 

Of course, a 21 year old girl, not back at home and not answering the phone, neither returning the calls is a huge problem. Especially for middle class and lower class families. Being a parent of a daughter is extremely painful, I am telling you. The stress and tension they will have to go through until the working daughter gets back home is indescribable. So parents who have daughter of the same age might feel what those parents had gone through..

The next day, the police calls the family and informs that a body of a female is lying in the forests, of Fareedhabadh, Haryana. The family rushes to the crime scene and to their horror, it is their daughter Sabiya Saifi. The state at which they identified their daughter is the hardest part to digest. She wasn't just murdered, brutal ain't the word to describe it. I can't seem to imagine the site of it too. I seriously have no idea, who would even have the heart to do such horrible things to a woman, let alone human being. The breasts of the girl was cut, she was stabbed at more than 50 places in her body and was murdered. A 21 year old girl, that too who was volunteering to work as a frontline person, the fate of such a girl with service mind is this? This is insane.



The postmortem report says that she wasn't raped though. Surprising.. But the parents and her brother claims that she was brutally raped, by looking at the body they could say and they want the CBI to interfere in the interrogation of this crime scene as they want to know who did this to their daughter and why! They even protested outside their house to claim a CBI interference. But the next day, this unknown guy turns in and accepts that he murdered her. Nizamudeen, a guy whom no-one knows, not even her parents nor her brother has heard the name, claims that he had secretly married Sabiya, they were living together on terms, without the knowledge of the parents. He had been suspicious over her, he had thought that Sabiya has been having physical relationship with so many other guys too, when questioned, she had denied all the allegations. But he could get over with it, so abducted and killed her. This was his statement when he surrendered.

Sabiya's parents and brother states that their daughter would never go against them and she will never marry without their knowledge. They also stated that this crime wouldn't have been done by one single person. This is a huge crime, cutting bodily parts and stabbing at more than 50 places ain't a simple thing to do, and carry out by one person. They confirm that this should have been done by more than 4 people. This guy who surrendered had come up with this bull shit suspicious excuse, to commit such a bizarre crime. 

The question is, even if she is married, even if she has had lied, even if she has had physical relationship, who is he to kill her, that to brutally? Who gave people the right to kill someone, without any proof. Not even police officers have the right to touch/physically abuse a person who is under custody.. Who the hell is he? There's no proof to state that he is her husband, but he says that they registered, hence could find the legal documents in the courts, which I don't think seems believable. Taking the law in your hands, when there is no proof, but only suspicious idea, If I was at the receiving end of writing his statement, I wouldn't even give him the benefit of the doubt. This really doesn't seem realistic. Seriously, this murder scene itself ain't realistic, it seemed like a monstrous attack. Never heard of anything like this before. 

What still terrifies me is the fact that he says he killed only because he was suspicious, besides working together, and had done horrific things to her. Why not just kill her without making her experience this sort of pain? Another huge exclamation is that none of the mainstreams accepted to telecast this story? What on earth? This has happened in India, there are over 50 news channel and not even a single channel came forward to publicize this? Why? Is there any political background to this occurrence? Is it because she was a Muslim? Or is it because of your bloody TRP? God, I am already done with this TRP shit. TV channels selling news to increase their TRP rating is shitty, selfish to the core. As journalists they should be able to report anything and everything that's necessary of public attention. That's their job, ain't it? Taking breaking news closer to the general public and making them aware of what's happening in the country and what's with politics. Rather than lying low and supporting politicians and their statements, like cowards. 

Not even Instagram pages reported this effectively. None of the websites know the true scenario. The one I am writing now also is based on the videos and websites I checked. Swear to god, not only myself, but on behalf of the family, I really want to know the reason behind this cruel murder. There should be a cause for something to happen, ain't it? I mean, for every action there's a reaction. We know the reaction, but what cause the reaction is unknown, and that's the million dollar question that arises now. 

I have spoken enough of this. Abuse and violence against women. I am bored too. Like how many times are we to talk about it. But still, here I am writing this, to vent all my anger. I am angry at the society, the community and their bloody rules and regulations that was put forth for women. For god's sake, people of all societies, please stop judging women for what they wear, for what occupation they do, and who they are. If you start judging someone for everything they do, what even will the women do? What choice do we even have other than going back in time and destined to be inside the kitchen and serving their husband physically and sexually. Don't we deserve to be educated, to work, to do as we wish and live a life, for heaven's sake. 

Of course, after this incident, some jerks, perverts and freaks will be like, Civil Defense Volunteer is not meant for women. Then what the hell is even destined for us you cowards? I guess it's easy anyways to not show your damn face and write comments as such under someone's video where they explain the circumstance. As a woman, I can understand how much pain she would have gone through! How can you'll easily victimize that she got raped, murdered, stabbed, cut because of her character, attitude, dress, religion and customs. That's lame and people who say things as such don't have humanity at all. 

India, a cultural, traditional and religious heritage, where women should be appreciated, acknowledged, treated equally and respected is violating all rules beyond, and go on sexually and physically abusing them, thinking that male community has a upper hand over women. Patriarchy is fine, I mean, I understand the ego that men have, that doesn't give them the liberty to allow their house females to work and earn. But taking patriarchy and defending the entire male community and justifying a brutal crime like this ain't fine. I am against it and all females who are working and standing on their own legs would be against it too. Unless the Indian Judicial and Law systems bring up strong punishments like Saudi Arabia, people are never going to learn a lesson. Going to jail, staying for sometime in with all the bloody facilities and coming out in bail is what happens over and over again. I guess people over there, in India are also fed up with all the rape cases happening. How many times should justice be served? If it had been served properly, with severe punishments, then this wouldn't be repeated, right? Will any man have the guts to lay a hand on a woman? Even if it is his own wife? I guess no. India proves every other day that all men in that country deserve to rule the country and act animalistic to obtain what they desire. Just rape itself is painful, but these men have cut her body part, that too her breasts, which should be treated as a god, hence that is what is used to feed kids. All men think of women as objects. Nothing more. They think they can meddle and cut and rip them apart and throw, but nobody would question against them.

Stop treating women as shit. We deserve equal rights and respect. Before judging others, try to judge your selves. Grow some self discipline and self control. Don't act as if you'll have all the right to do whatever you'll want. Control your desires and become a man. A well brought up man wouldn't treat any woman as badly and hurt them like this. This is appalling to the core and this is downright emotional for me. But still I wanted to write this blog just to educate people to open their damn eyes and see what hell is happening around!

My heart goes out to Sabiya's family. may god give them all the strength to bear the loss, which is irreplaceable, and may they recover soon from this. I know it's hard. But all I hope for is that justice should be served to them and they deserve to know the reason and truth behind their daughter's murder. 

Be safe, and let justice be served at least now!

Comments

Popular Posts