A dramedy fan? Then this is for you guys!



A Netflix Release Series..
Cast -
Brianne Howay as Georgia Miller
Antonia Gentry as Virginia Miller
Diesel la Torraca as Austin Miller
Jennifer Robertson as Ellen Baker
Felix mallard as Marcus Baker
Sara Waisglass as Maxine Baker
Scott Porter as Mayor Paul Randolph
Raymond Ablack as Joe
Mason Temple as Hunter Chen
Sabrina Grdevich as Cynthia Fuller
Katie Douglas as Abby
Chelsea Clark as Norah
Nathan Mitchell as Zion Miller
and many more
Release date - 24.02.2021
Created By - Sarah Lampert
Directed and written by - Various
No of Episodes - 10
Episode 1 - "Pilot"
Episode 2 - "It's a face not a mask"
Episode 3 - "Next level rich people shit"
Episode 4 - "Lydia Bennett is Hundo a feminist"
Episode 5 - "Boo, Bitch"
Episode 6 - "I'm Triggered"
Episode 7 - "Happy sweet 16 Jerk"
Episode 8 - "Check one, Check other"
Episode 9 - "Feelings are hard"
Episode 10 - "The Worst Betrayal Since Jordyn and Kylie"

Plot - A smart, cunning, witty, extremely romantic and wild and also young mother of two children (Georgia Miller) moves to Wellsbury, Newzealand, to start anew. From the way the kids sulk, we get an idea that the kids are on the move always, and this is the 9th city ever since they were born. What awaits in the new city, what made Georgia move to a new city. 
I really loved the series overall. I really have my favorite characters, I despise some of them, for obvious reasons. I contradicted certain decisions made by some of the characters when I was watching the episode, I mean, it seemed like I was a part of the journey of the characters. 😘😍😄
Let me talk about my favorite characters;
1. Georgia Miller - Playing the over-protective mother, the decisions she makes, the people
she dates, the directions she takes to earn money makes me think "what even?", but her only motive behind all of this is to make her children live in peace makes some sense. The reason behind her activity shows why she does those hasty actions and decisions. I really love how head-strong she is, In my opinion, all women should be like her, strong-willed, able to be independent, taking their own decisions, willingness to accept challenges and take risks. She just owned the character.👏👏👍👍I don't think anyone woman with that kind of a past would be able to move on in life and survive that stronger. Yet here she is, putting all her past behind, (yeah, at times she freaks out of what comes ahead in  her life because of her past) and strives to move forward in life. That daring character is one thing amongst everything that draws the attention towards her. She acts like a psychopath, and I am not claiming that having alot of relationship is going to make you feel any better, but the only thing I could judge from the screen play is that she is seeking financial assurance from her relationships (at least, I guess so). Her attitude and character brings out a lot of laughter too. I really loved her accent too. Ha ha😜
2. Zion Miller - Even though he didn't play a major role in the series, his time space in the
series is just a few episodes (may be - If I'm not wrong, only 2-3 episodes, that too not for too long), I just loved the vibe he brought along. Being a travel photographer, writer, he played his role to the fullest. He is the Ex-husband of Georgia, but still the way he is always there for her, the love he expresses towards his daughter Virginia - even when Austin ain't his son, the willingness to keep him safe and happy and peaceful, kind of feels great. 👌👌
3. Virginia Miller - She definitely is not my favorite, but she neither is in my non-favorite list. She plays an adult daughter character, so whatever an adult goes through, she has portrayed it very well. It's just awkward and weird to believe that she loves two people at once. I mean, is that even called love? But then, she feels attracted towards one and love towards another, which again is contradicting to watch. The way she adapts herself to reach out to her friends, that flexibility, trust and support towards all her friends is something that people lack now. She is also very open, she tells everything to everyone she knows, I mean there should be some things that should remain untold for the betterment. One should try to keep personal things as personal. Her character is something that I would debate about for hours. Even the way she talks to her mother, I know most teens and adults do talk to their mothers like that, but most of the time they are friendly too. Yeah, it's pretty absurd, may be that's how her character is built.😐😔💭
4. Joe - OMG, he is my favorite. He looks hot too, and I really wished Georgia
realizes that he loves her more than anyone. He has been there always for her, no matter what the circumstance is. He has never failed giving her advice as a hint which gives her a lot of new ideas to excel professionally. He is the pillar of support for her. Also, the way he handles things, whenever Virginia asks for help, he always states a honest opinion on that regard. He is my favorite of this entire series. I just hope he play a major character in the 2nd season as well.💓💓💓
5. Marcus Baker - Besides being a drug addict, he really seemed to a good guy. He loves
Virginia, but he also is physically involved with one of his colleagues Padma. He is an easy going but yet a very emotional character. I really didn't mind his role in this series. He he. 😜😝
6. Maxine Baker - I liked her because she agreed herself that she ain't straight. She loves being herself and doesn't approve of others opinions on her. She was the 1st person who spoke to Virginia being a new comer at school, and always had stood for her. The only thing she was finding it difficult is to accept rejection and breakups from her girl friend. I also liked the fact that how she felt betrayed when she got to know when Ginny and Marcus were physically involved. I mean, any sister would have that feeling when her best friend is involved with her own brother behind her back. That kind of was the worst of all in this season.
7. Austin Miller - He is adorable, his expressions are all way too cute and he has expressed all those emotions very well. Loved him to the core just for his cuteness. 😍😘
I guess, this is a must watch for so many reasons. One being, the story, which ain't similar at all, and most of all different from all the series I've ever watched. Second being, the way the episodes are directed, with the flashback and the reality being merged yet audience will be able differentiate amongst the two. Third one being, the characters and how they have been landscaped throughout the series. Fourth one being, there's this witty, sarcasm and slight comedy that runs alongside the episodes, when it is serious. Fifth one being, how daring Georgia's character has been woven, which noone ever would even thing she is capable of, thinking of the murder too, but when they show why it was done, it justifies her action only from her perspective, but still against the law and considered a crime, but all the audience would wish for is for her to be free and to watch out what more of suspense awaits. The ending of the season is as thrilling as any movies, and that's why I am waiting for the next season. Also the dialogues are extremely witty, like the one's where Ginny accuses her professor to be a racist, she accuses him in front of the class, no matter how offensive it could be. The same Ginny accusing her own boy friend for stealing her credits and pulling off the presence in a competition. And she accusing her mother saying that she changes her boyfriend more often than Taylor Swift. All of this dialogues were controversial, but according to me, there's nothing to take away. :) I don't actually want to pinpoint on all which will give away too much from the series itself. All I could do now is to recommend the series to all who hasn't watched this at all. 
I am anxiously waiting to watch the 2nd season which is to be released next year, 2022. Let's see whether it is been made up to the standards that was risen because of the 1st season, fingers crossed.✌✌
My rating for this series would be - 4.3/5

Comments

  1. Good one. Really like the way you've reviewed with so much positivity, when what the series all got in turn was controversies. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts