Is there even going to be an End-Card for Gang-Rape and Casteism?
A 9 year old, Dalit girl was gangraped by 4 men (a priest and 3 of his associates) on Sunday, the 1st of August. If it is only rape, and the child is still alive, at least there would have been some sort of evidence, but as she was continuously raped by these 4 men until she died, and these people decided to forcefully cremate her, no evidence was left other than ashes and her legs, for the forensic team to even get some sort of proof. The girl's family alleged that the police harassed them, but contrastingly the police states to the media that the accused/s would find the fate of law for the crime. Yeah, right, like it would happen anytime soon!! The problem with media is also that these type of news are at the very corner of the paper, or social media accounts, it doesn't get the attention of people as well, so it goes unnoticed. But I am glad that this is brought to the center stage by a few celebrities themselves.
What hurts myself the most is that, it is a child who was been raped by 4 men. Also She belongs to the Dalit group. One of the rapist is a priest, of course, high caste. Why choose a low caste girl, poor family for your sexual desires? Not that I am pointing out her caste here, but you high caste people won't even drink water from low caste and wouldn't even touch them, saying that you'll have some sort of divine dignity. I don't know what these men seek for though, this is literally the worst case scenario ever. I ain't saying that this is the first case that has ever happened. We know what happened to Aashifa and many other kids who had been raped and murdered. But something still is bothering me, and doesn't allow me to stay peaceful? Of course, how can we even be peaceful after hearing what happened to a 9 year old girl. The amount of pain and disgust she she would have felt during this incident, I'm sure she would have put up a fight against these 4 perverts. But ultimately, rape, murder and cremation is what was resulted. Hell..
Religion, age just doesn't matter for these men, that's clear. When it comes to satisfying their sexual desires, even caste didn't matter, all what they needed was a girl/women/lady, and they they go. All women, oops sorry, I'm sorry for offending, a handful of women keep protesting and talking against gang-rape and all what we get as a reply is that we are attention seeking. Heck, yeah. If we had seeked for attention, then why would we be even talking about disgusting cases as such? Also to mention another shocking news, a higher number of searches (I don't know the correct number though, but over 1000s of searches), all belonging to men, have searched for the rape videos in porn sites. This is the difference guys. You'll say feminism is all bullshit, yeah it apparently is for you'll, when all what you guys think of when there is a rape incident is to search for its video. That's freaking disgusting.. OMG, I cant believe it when men say that both men and women are equal, but don't act upon it. Men has this bullshit ego (not all, but at least 75% of them) that doesn't allow them to accept the fact that they do act reflexively upon cases as such putting the victims in to accusation. Still patriarchal dominated society is existing, who are male centric and also willingly choses to victimize when it is a female. We seriously don't know where this world is heading to.
We preach our students to make the world a better place for the future generation, but unfortunately, it ain't going to be a better place at all. I actually feel bad for mentioning the caste of the girl who died, but it is for a reason, and you guys will understand what it is in a while. I am not a person who looks at caste, I don't even know how many castes are existing. All I know is that everyone has the same features, no-one is more capable and unique that the other, Everyone's unique. But the fact that people created this caste is something really very bad and it's something that has to be changed. I even wonder when rape or even molestation occurs to Dalit people, the molesters or the violators are free and taking advantage over the low caste people because no matter what they are not going to talk against or back to these so called high caste, and they can do whatever they want in this world to despise them. This idea of caste should change, for heaven's sake. To prevent such heinous act against a child who doesn't even know what has been done to her, strict and violent law and order should be summoned, if not I don't think any of this could be stopped, neither will these cowards will realize the mistake that they make.
As soon as this incident was reported, day before yesterday after the semi-finals of hockey between India and Argentina, in which India was taken down by Argentina, there had been a caste slur in front of one of the players in the team, saying outrageously that the hockey Indian team consists of too many Dalit Caste members, and until all Dalit players are removed from the Indian team, India is never going to taste victory, in its life time. Like seriously? Those girls are all skilled and they would have worked day and night to accomplish a lot and get a placement in the national team of hockey. Not only that, what has caste got to do with their talents and skills? All what we do is sit back and relax watching these matches. But only the players know andexperience a pressure and determination to strive towards victory. To those guys who slurred about caste in sports, GET A LIFE. You guys don't get to talk about girls like that, regardless of their caste, they are representing the country and they surely have made the country proud. They are pride of India, but you guys can't even seem to get your fingers around that fact, you'll don't even seem to be least bothered about the country's achievement, rather cuss at people who really working hard to accomplish something in their life. Such a shame, I'm more infuriated because the one's who created this huge chaos were boys. I think everything ultimately comes down to the upbringing. If they were brought up well with basic courtesy, empathy, manners and kindness, I don't think any of this would even happen.
All I could do is spread the word about this incident and create awareness about what is happening in the surroundings. Let people call me by names, I don't actually care, because I know the consequences of posting sensitive posts as such, Its not about getting the lime light or attention. my sister and I, are teachers, and our intention is to educate children not only the wisdom we obtained from our schooling and college life, but about the circumstances they should be facing in this environment, to survive and not being hunt down. We live in a world where human beings itself are acting as predators, hurting people by either words, physically, mental torture or even sexually. All women get to do and was asked to do is to be tolerant, patient and not talk back after all what we go through. Being dependent is all what's been inherited by women from generation to generation, but I guess, not anymore. Women are empowered and getting as much as wisdom, just like men, so we are independent up to a certain degree, but situations as such pulls down the mental strength of women back to square one. They say one situation leads to another, like wise not only the mental strength, but our confidence, empowerment, and dignity all goes for six. So here we go, three incidents in a row, and now when women talk about it, we are backlashed.
To all male chauvinists out there.. Once again not all, only the one's with this ego and adamant. Please do not objectify women, we are not any dolls that you could meddle when ever you want and for you'll to use and throw. Remember when you touch a girl without consent, that's wrong, it is that you guys are of questionable character. Don't think that only you guys could use that word against women, we could use it back. Does only women have character, don't you guys have character, and if so how superior are you guys than women? Keep in mind that your mothers are also women, if you'll have sisters then they are also women. If such a abuse, or violence act occurs to them, how would you feel? put your self in the shoes of women before you'll toy women like they are scrap. Learn to respect and maintain dignity. Don't you guys dare touch a child and take things for granted. It is seriously sick, when I try to put myself in to her shoes, all I feel is sick, I feel sick to my stomach. I just can't get the thought out of my head..
To all parents there, teach your sons to treat a women equally and empathize them. It's easy when we start teaching and preaching from home. Lets practice discipline and manners from home. Give the basic sex education that they require. When this ain't delivered properly only, porn sites are taken into consideration. Lets get started with the change from home and I hope we can bring upon an advantageous environment for the survival of children and women.


Comments
Post a Comment